"I think people who truly can live a life in music are telling the world, 'You can have my love, you can have my smiles. Forget the bad parts, you don't need them. Just take the music, the goodness, because it's the very best, and it's the part I give most willingly."
- George Harrison, The Beatles
Advanced Placement Theory Exam Preparation course is the stepping stone for advanced music studies at college level as well as professional career in music industry. If you are passionate about continuing studying music at college level, this course prepares you for Advanced Placement Theory examination.
This course offers comprehensive coverage of syllabus through an ideal mix of self paced learning through recorded classes. Starting from fundamentals of music and taking you to modulation, course has it all to enable you to pursue music theory at college level.
Advanced Placement Theory Exam Preparation emphasizes on:
- Reviewing of fundamentals
- Aural practice and ear training
- Written exercises and practice
- Refining rhythm and meter queries
- Learning triads and seventh chords
- Hearing and writing intervals
- Recognizing modulation
- Analyzing a score
Advanced Placement Theory Exam Preparation course package:
- 5 recorded classes
- Audio Files + Docs + PDFs
Advanced Placement Theory Exam Preparation course outline:
- Notation 101: Reviewing the staff and notation on all four clefs
- Rhythm and meter: Classification of meters, time signatures, rhythmic devices (such as hemiola, dotted rhythms, syncopation, triplets), and related topics such as tempo and accent
- Major and minor Scales: Review the scale degrees by name and number, and hear and write the Major and minor scales
- Scales and Modes: Gain confidence in writing the Pentatonic, Chromatic, & Whole-tone scales, and commonly used Modes
- Interval Drills: Gain confidence in aural recognition and the singing of intervals
Language of instruction: English